Seminar to be held on implementation of new Determination 1
A seminar on implementation of the new Determination 1 is being hosted by the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Local Dental Committee.
“The first phase of dental reform will be the biggest change to NHS general dental services in a generation,” said the committee. “This will have major impact on both GDS and within NSS Practitioner Services.”
Presenting will be Gerard Boyle, Senior Dental Adviser at Practitioner Services, who will provide a National Services Scotland perspective. He will highlight the main changes and explain how they will affect the operational role of Practitioner Services and its interaction with the wider profession.
The first phase of dental reform will be the biggest change to NHS general dental services in a generation
The seminar is being held on 27 November (7pm-8.30pm).
- To give an overview of the new Determination 1 of the Statement of Dental Remuneration.
- Explain how this is likely to affect the role of Practitioner Services.
- How this will impact on the interaction between Practitioner Services and Primary Care Dentistry.
- To highlight the main changes to the NHS (GDS)(Scotland) Regulations and the SDR.
- To clarify the claiming processes for individual Determination 1 items.
- Understand the changes likely to feature in successive phases of Dental Reform.
The seminar is open to mandate holders only; you can set up a mandate here. The voluntary mandate costs 0.2% of your NHS gross, and keeps the LDC working for your benefit.