NHS payment reform – webinar featuring deputy CDO
A free webinar is being hosted by the Greater Glasgow and Clyde Local Dental Committee, featuring Deputy CDO Gillian Leslie.
Following the announcement and publication of the new SDR by the Scottish Government, the intent of the webinar is to discuss regulatory changes and the content of the new Determination I, with the opportunity for a Q&A session for clinical questions.
Information on education, patient marketing and implementation on 1 November, will also be discussed.
Gillian is a practice owner in East Lothian and is a practicing dentist. She has a specialist interest in oral surgery and dental implants.
She spent the first part of her career as a dental officer in the Royal Navy and retired as a Surgeon Lieutenant Commander (D) after 13 years of service. She is a veteran of the Iraq war.
Her current roles include being the DCDO for the West of Scotland health boards, Reform of Determination 1, unscheduled care, engaging with stakeholders, IPC and advising on clinical policy framework.
CPD is available, though not approved for CPDA.
- To explain and clarify regulatory changes.
- To answer any clinical questions the dental team may have about the Determination 1.
- To discuss the education, patient marketing and implementation.
- To answer any clinical questions with regards to the Det 1 and be more familiar with how it works.
- To learn what is available for the Education of Dentists and Dental teams.
- Implementation – how this will look and work.