SDS 2023: all GDC ‘Recommended’ and ‘Highly Recommended’ CPD topics available to book
Bookings for the Scottish Dental Show’s free CPD Lectures and Workshops are now open.
You can gain up to nine hours of verifiable CPD from more than 60 sessions — delivered by more than 50 expert speakers — over the two days of the Show.
All eight GDC ‘Recommended’ and ‘Highly Recommended’ CPD topics are available to book now (see below).
Plus, you can browse more than 130 exhibitor stands demonstrating the latest technology and developments in dentistry.
In addition, the Show features a special guest interview with Professor Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director for The Scottish Government, who will be discussing Scotland’s experience of COVID and the future of dentistry.
GDC Highly Recommended
- Infection Control and Decontamination Update with QIiPT tutor Stacy O’Donoghue (19 & 20 May).
- Medical Emergencies: current guidelines, professional responsibilities, frequency and management with Stuart Clark (Saturday 20 May).
- Medical Emergencies: sepsis – what you need to know with Professor Mark Greenwood (Friday 19 May).
- Radiographic Image Quality, Optimisation and Radiation Protection with Dr Mark Worrall (19 & 20 May).
- Effective Management of Dental Complaints with Dr India Beason (20 May)
- Ethical Decision Making for Dental Care Professionals with Jane Holt and Suzanne Riordan (19 May).
- For DCPs: an ethical decision-making tool to discuss the ethical dilemmas in dental practice with Jane Holt and Suzanne Riordan (19 & 20 May).
- Oral Cancer: top tips for primary dental care with Professor Mike Lewis ( (19 May).
- Oral Cancer and the Role of the Dental Nurse with Emma Riley (19 & 20 May).
- Safeguarding Children and Young People with Dr Christine Park (19 May)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults with Nick Beacher (19 & 20 May).
- When Patients Bite Back: successful complaint management with Aubrey Craig (19 & 20 May).