Scottish Dental Show 2020 Register now!
Earn up to 10 hours of continual professional development
Registration is now open for the Scottish Dental Show 2020 (sdshow.co.uk). Voted a huge success in 2019 by visitors and exhibitors alike, the show promises to be even bigger and better in 2020. You can register at scottishdental20-visitor.reg.buzz now.
The two-day event, at the Intu Braehead Arena on 24 and 25 April, brings people from far and wide to meet fellow professionals and find out about the sector’s latest developments. By the end of last month, registrations were already up by 50 per cent on last year.
With more than 130 exhibitors demonstrating the latest technology and developments in dentistry, and more than 60 lectures and workshops from professionals covering a multitude of topics, attendees will have plenty to see and do. With delegates from Angus, Aberdeenshire, Dumfries & Galloway, Edinburgh, Stirling and further afield, the Scottish Dental Show is a must-attend event for the entire industry.
For the first time in the show’s history, you can now earn up to 10 hours of continual professional development. The show’s Education Programme, validated by NHS Education for Scotland, will feature eCPD, Clinical Skills, and Business & Management sessions, and those eligible can also claim CPD Allowance (CPDa).
“We’re gearing up for a fantastic two days of engagement and learning in April”Ann Craib, Scottish Dental Sales and Events Manager
This year’s speakers include leading Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Roger Currie and Stuart Clark; the Director of Edinburgh Dental Institute, Professor Angus Walls; Consultant in Special Care Dentistry, Helen Patterson; The Confident Dentist, Dr Barry Oulton; Dental Sales Trainer, Ashley Latter; and award-winning aesthetic dentist Dr Monik Vasant, plus many others. In an exciting development, the ever-popular Scottish Dental Awards will now be a stand-alone celebration held in the autumn (11 September, at the Hilton Glasgow). The decision will allow exhibitors and delegates to the show more time to meet and engage with their fellow professionals as well as providing the awards with a bigger platform to reflect the occasion’s growing status.
During the two-day event, the Scottish Dental Show stand will preview the awards, provide all the information you need to enter and nominate, and provide an early opportunity for you to help recognise and celebrate the best in the profession and industry.
Ann Craib, Sales and Events Manager, said: “The number of delegates approached 3,000 in 2019 – it’s clear that we have become the must-attend dental event in Scotland.
“More than 90 per cent of exhibition stands are already booked for 2020, and we’re gearing up for a fantastic two days of engagement and learning in April.”
Ann added: “Our awards have also grown to be the premier celebration for honouring the best in the Scottish dental profession, so establishing them as a stand-alone event in September gives the occasion the stature it deserves.”
- Jennifer Alexander | Specialist Orthodontic/Prosthodontic Technologist
- James Baker | Specialist Prosthodontist
- Phillip Barker | Director, Mediholdings
- Tariq Bashir | Cosmetic Dentist
- Fadi Barrak | Oral Surgeon
- Martyn Bradshaw | Practice Sales Director, PFM Dental
- Richard Charon | Inhalation Sedation Trainer
- Stuart Clark | Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Andrew Culbard | Cosmetic Dentist
- Roger Currie | Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Kirstyn Donaldson | Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Matt Everatt | Technical Director, S4S
- Philip Friel | Implant Dentist
- Mike Gow | Phobia and Anxiety Management Dentist
- Louise Grant | Healthcare Accountant, EQ Accountants
- Angela Harkins | Clinical Teaching Fellow
- Helen Kaney | Lead Dento-legal Consultant and Head of Dental Services Scotland, MPS
- Michael Kelly | Partner, MacRoberts
- Simon Knox | Dental Business Coach
- Ashley Latter | Selling Coach
- Sarah Manton | Director, Faculty of Dental Trainers
- Lucy Mitchell | QIiPT Team Member, NHS Scotland
- Peter Ommer | Director of Dentistry, NHS Ayrshire & Arran
- Barry Oulton | The Confident Dentist
- Christine Park | Senior Clinical University Lecturer/Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry
- Helen Patterson | Consultant in Special Care Dentistry
- Ross Scales | Quality Assurance Operations Manager, General Dental Council
- Clive Schmulian | Disruptive Dentist
- Ian Simms | Practice Valuation Manager, Mediholdings
- Michael Royden | Partner, Thorntons Law LLP
- Harry Singh | Dentist/Facial Aesthetician
- Craig Stirling | Partner, Davidson Chalmers Stewart
- Monik Vasant | Aesthetic Dentist
- Liz Webster | Dental Nurse Team Leader and Medical Emergency and Basic Life Support Trainer
- Lezley Ann Walker | Dental Team Tutor, and Medical Emergency and Basic Life Support Trainer
- Angus Walls | Director, Edinburgh Dental Institute
- PLUS many more.