Designing a Smile – A Coltene seminar and course
Thursday 9 August 2018
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Edinburgh Airport, 100 Eastfield Rd, Ingliston, Edinburgh EH28 8LL
Featuring the CRIOS System giving improved patient satisfaction at 1/3 lab cost!
Mainly Hands On
Professor in Blended Learning in Dentistry and Consultant in Restorative Dentistry at the King’s College London Dental Institute at Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals. Specialist in Prosthodontics and Restorative Dentistry. Programme Director of the popular blended learning for MClinDent (Fixed and Removable prosthodontics).
Qualified 1980 in Dundee, background in NHS and private practice then university and hospital posts. Research into many aspects of clinical practice including impression materials and techniques and lead clinician in longitudinal trials on porcelain veneers, composite restorations and ceramic inserts. Over 150 publications in clinical dentistry. Series editor for the 6 volume Series ”Essentials in Aesthetic dentistry”.
Areas of special interest include aesthetics and occlusion. Inventor of the silent dental drill device. Well known speaker on national and international circuits and in the media. Experienced teacher to undergraduates and postgraduates and well-known provider of continuing development courses for dentists in the UK. Runs numerous hands-on courses around the world for CPD as well as on Masters degree programmes in restorative dentistry.
Educational Aims & Objectives:
- To understand how to manipulate composite in both direct and indirect situations, and also the new Componeer Veneer System
- To apply principles of smile design
- To provide clinical tips on achieving the best restorative results
- To cover the use of provisional restorations and their benefit in designing and testing aesthetic and function
- To understand the various impression techniques in overcoming difficult clinical situations
The day qualifies for 7hrs verifiable CPD Registration – 09.00 / Finish -17.00
Delegate cost: £250 INC.VAT
Booking and Further information: Contact Alicia Franks
or T: 01444 235486 Ext.223